Get help from our community partners

We work with community organizations, public agencies and health experts to make sure that your needs are met and your questions are answered. Below are helpful resources from partners in the community.
An abstract imageAn abstract image

Community Support

The Oregon Worker Relief fund offers direct cash assistance to immigrant workers who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and can’t access federal and state help such as unemployment benefits and stimulus checks because of their immigration status.

You may be eligible if you are an Undocumented Immigrant who is:

  • 18 years of age or older;
  • An Oregon Resident;
  • An Oregon Worker before or on February 1, 2020;
  • Lost wages due to the pandemic; and
  • Experiencing hardship because of the pandemic.

Find a community navigator near you who can help you complete a short application here.

Employment Resources

The State of Oregon Employment Department has programs to help employers and workers during the COVID-19 crisis. If your workplace is temporarily closed, you’re experiencing a layoff, or your job has been impacted in some other way by COVID-19, you may be able to receive help.

COVID-19 Related Business Layoffs, Closures, and Unemployment Insurance Benefits

Families First Coronavirus Response Act

COVID-19 Employment Protections


You may need to travel to access healthcare or food. We recommend maintaining your distance from other people.

If you must use public transportation in the Portland Metro area, TriMet has information on how to keep you and other riders safe. OHP also has statewide information on transportation for members to get to required health appointments.

OHP Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT)

TriMet COVID-19 Updates

Educational and Learning

Some school districts and libraries are offering online educational and learning resources.

Multnomah County Library COVID-19 closure and online resources

Portland Public Schools home learning portal

Child Care

Emergency child care is currently available. To receive a customized referral to emergency child care programs call 2-1-1 or visit the link below.

These emergency programs should be reserved for those who most need it, such as health care workers, first responders, and other essential workers.

ODE Early Learning Division

Find Child Care Oregon

Families with Children

It can be challenging to talk to children about coronavirus and to teach children while school is out. These resources can help.

Talking to Kids About Coronavirus

List of education, mental health, and homeschooling resources

Food Access

Need food? More resources to meet your needs.

Several public agencies and organizations are providing free food and meals.

SNAP (also known as food stamps)

WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children)

Meals on Wheels Online Meal Request

Oregon Food Bank Food Finder

School districts are providing free breakfast and lunch for children:

Summer Meals Oregon Food Map

COVID-19 Food Resources by school district

Portland Public Schools meal information

Oregon residents can use SNAP benefits to pay for groceries delivered from Amazon and Walmart — delivery fees and other non-food expenses aren’t covered.

USDA Online Purchasing Pilot

Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon Pandemic EBT (P-EBT)

Oregon Health Plan (OHP)

During this ongoing crisis, it’s important that you have access to the health care you need. The Oregon Health Plan offers free health coverage for those who qualify. You can get OHP even if you have been denied in the past.

Apply today at or call 800-699-9075 (wait times may be long).

To Apply

Online: You can apply for the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) online at

If you need help: Trained community partners across the state can help you fill out an application. It's free. Visit to find community partners in your area.

For a paper application: Paper applications are available in multiple languages. You can download and print an application or have an application mailed to you. Request a paper application by calling OHP Customer Service at 1-800-699-9075 or 711 (TTY).

Health care without leaving home.

Telehealth, sometimes called telemedicine, is a way to visit your doctor over video, phone, text, or email.

Doctors can use interpreter services so you can access telehealth in the language you speak. All doctors who take the Oregon Health Plan must provide a free interpreter. Most doctors also provide a free American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter.

Call or email your doctor to find out what kind of services are available through telehealth and if you’ll need any special technology to use it.

Free help to quit smoking or vaping.

COVID-19 can be more harmful to people who smoke or vape. Quitting is more important now than ever. Free help is available to quit. Visit or call 1-800-QUIT-NOW.

For services tailored to American Indians and Alaska Natives: Visit or call 1-800-QUIT-NOW and press 7.

Coronavirus Symptom Checker from the Emory University School of Medicine

We know that members of our community might be worried about accessing care or signing up for resources because of their immigration status or the immigration status of their family members.

Citizen/Alien Waived Emergency Medical (CAWEM)

CAWEM is a benefit package of OHP also known as OHP emergency medical coverage. CAWEM coverage is for non-citizens who do not meet the immigration status requirements for OHP Plus coverage. During this national emergency, testing and hospitalization for COVID-19 are covered, even if you do not get care in an emergency department.

Children under 19 who do not meet the immigration status requirements qualify for full OHP through Cover All Kids. If you are turning 19 and do not meet citizenship requirements, you will no longer be fully covered under OHP. You may be eligible to move to CAWEM.

Get help in another language or format.
Need an interpreter? Need help in another language or format? Tell your doctor’s office or clinic when you make an appointment. If you need more help, call Oregon Health Authority's Office of Equity and Inclusion at 844-882-7889.


CAWEM Plus is a benefit package of OHP, available to pregnant women who are not eligible for full OHP Plus because of their immigration status. Testing and hospitalization for COVID-19 are covered through CAWEM Plus.

On March 13, 2020, the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced it will not consider testing, treatment, or preventative care (including vaccines, if a vaccine becomes available) related to COVID-19 as part of a public charge determination. This includes if your care is paid for by Medicaid, also known as the Oregon Health Plan.

See Oregon Health Authority FAQs about COVID-19 and Public Charge

Disclaimer: This is not legal advice. Individuals who are concerned about whether and how receipt of public benefits might affect their immigration status should ask for help from an immigration attorney.

Unite Oregon’s response to coronavirus.

Health care without leaving home.

Telehealth, sometimes called telemedicine, is a way to visit your doctor over video, phone, text, or email.

Doctors can use interpreter services so you can access telehealth in the language you speak. All doctors who take the Oregon Health Plan must provide a free interpreter. Most doctors also provide a free American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter.

Call or email your doctor to find out what kind of services are available through telehealth and if you’ll need any special technology to use it.


On March 22, Gov. Kate Brown issued a statewide eviction moratorium on residential evictions for nonpayment of rent due to wage loss resulting from COVID-19. Her Executive Order issued on April 1 prevents a landlord from giving an eviction notice or filing an eviction lawsuit related to non-payment of rent or no-cause evictions.

Oregon Law Center has put together this easy-to-understand fact sheet.

Oregon Law Center has also produced two short videos to explain these rights and protections:



If you need housing resources due to impacts resulting from COVID-19, visit or call 2-1-1.

Legal Aid Services of Oregon guidance on COVID-19 emergency protections

Community Alliance of Tenants (English & Spanish)

Renter’s Rights Hotline (M, W, F, Sat 1-5PM and Tues 6-8PM) 503-288-0130 / [email protected]

Relief if you can't afford rent.

If you can't afford rent because you’ve lost your job or wages, Oregon Housing and Community Services' COVID-19 Rent Relief Program may be able to help.

Contact your regional Community Action Agency to learn how to apply for the program. If you qualify, rent will be paid directly to your landlord on your behalf.

Find more housing resources here.

Information is available in many languages. Below are a few places to access them:

Oregon Health Authority (Under the Resources for the Community section)

Multnomah County

Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization (IRCO) provides language services for the community. Please contact:

Interpretation Services: [email protected] | 503.234.0068

Translation Services: [email protected] | 971.271.6481

Additional resources in Indigenous languages:


Maya Ixil - from Limitless Horizons nonprofit organization:

Recomendaciones para Comerciantes en el Idioma Maya Ixil

Recomendaciones para Tenderos en el Idioma Maya Ixil

Recomendaciones para Hacer Compras en el Idioma Maya Ixil

Ixil - Ministry of Public Health Guatemala

Tz’utujil - Ministry of Public Health Guatemala

From CIELO (

Resources in Indigenous Languages


COVID - Zapateco Alto

COVID - Mixteco de Vincente Guerrero

COVID- Purépecha


Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC)

For information about government or community resources available to provide support to seniors and people with disabilities in Oregon, please call 1-855-ORE-ADRC or visit

The Senior Loneliness Line is a free statewide call service for Oregonians 55 and older.

Any aging adult who is experiencing loneliness, isolation, depression or anxiety can benefit from a confidential phone conversation with Senior Loneliness specialists. Please call 503-200-1633 or visit

Domestic Violence

Domestic violence can get worse during isolation. You’re not alone.

If you are experiencing an emergency call 911.

National Sexual Assault 24-Hour Hotline: 800-656-HOPE (800-656-4673).

National Domestic Violence 24-Hour Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (800-799-7233).

Crisis Lines

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, these resources are here to help:

Lines for Life

Lines for Life is a regional nonprofit dedicated to preventing substance abuse and suicide. You can get mental health support for yourself and your community through their services.

Oregon Crisis Lines (by county)

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

24 hours a day / 7 days a week
1-800-273-TALK (8255)
24/7 Lifeline Crisis Chat Line
En español: 1-888-628-9454
TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)


Offers teen-to-teen crisis help with both a phone line and a texting support line through Lines for Life.

Teens respond from 4:00 to 10:00 PM Monday through Friday
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
Call 1-877-968-8491
Text teen2teen to 839863

Veterans Crisis Line

Confidential help for veterans and their families.
Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
Text 838255

Trans Lifeline

A trans-led organization that offers direct services, material support, advocacy, and education.

Peer support hotline available 7 am to 1 am PST

The Trevor Project

Support for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people.

24 hours a day / 7 days a week

Friends For Survival, Inc.

National support for those grieving a suicide death of family or friends.

Resources for Individuals in Recovery

In isolation, support matters more than ever. Recovery, treatment, financial and peer resources are available now to help.

Oregon Recovery Network

Internet and Cell Phone

Some Internet providers and mobile carriers are offering free and/or reduced plans, and/or waiving late fees during the COVID-19 outbreak. Most are removing limits on how much data you can use.

Contact your provider for more information.

Electricity and Gas

Energy utilities are suspending service disconnections and waiving late fees to support Oregon residents impacted by COVID-19. For more information, contact your service provider.

Pacific Power: 1-888-221-7070

Portland General Electric: 1-800-542-8818

Idaho Power: 1-800-488-6151

Northwest Natural: 1-800-927-6123

Cascade Natural Gas: 1-888-522-1130

Click here for additional providers and information.

If you need help paying your electric bill, the Oregon Energy Fund is offering assistance. Apply here.

Water and Sewer

Some cities have announced that they won’t shut off your water service if you are behind on your bills.

Check with your local water bureau for more information.